Goodness me, how time flies!



I have become more and more aware every day of how I've been neglecting my blog. But thank Christ, I have free time for the first time in three months. I don't know about you, but my mind wanders to mysterious and sometimes glorious plateaus of thought in the shower. Occasionally, I'll have an absolute revelation. And so as I flipped through the card catalogue of my life mid-shower, I had to shudder at my mark on the Internet. Hadn't been touched since March! My, how things have changed! But the biggest thing this summer had to be my two internships in New York City and all of the friendships forged within them.





I worked at Jarrett Creative, a TV production company in Manhattan and Ear Candy, a podcast in Queens. Both were absolutely fabulous in their own unique ways. Jarrett had a super laid-back environment where I could work at my own pace. Everyone was beyond nice and I loved getting to know my fellow interns and my bosses. On my last day, they even threw me a party! Granted, I had to go grab the coffee and food for the party...but I was the intern. But the absolute highlight of Jarrett Creative was getting my name in the credits of Celebrity Ghost Stories. Beyond surreal to see.



As far as Ear Candy goes, it was just me becoming BFFs with Adam Hiniker and Vance Barber. They're positively amazing men. During my internship with them, I made a slew of fun YouTube videos that you can watch here and guest-starred on a handful of Ear Candy episodes. Also, they gave me my own podcast. It's called Hot Pants! w/ Lauren and Vance. To check out Ear Candy and Hot Pants!, just click this link!


Not to worry, I'll be back to my usual film reviews ASAP! But before that, I'll post pictures and other assorted forms of media showing what I've been up to this summer!




Comments